Missing teeth is a dilemma that many people try to avoid as much as possible. The condition does not merely leave spaces in the mouth; it also affects the psychological well-being of patients as well as their overall health. Patients would tend to avoid talking or smiling when with other people since they worry about getting embarrassed, thereby, increasing their self-consciousness.
Even people from ancient times experienced this condition which is why they tried to come up with procedures to replace missing teeth. Mediums used were stones, bones, shells, bamboo peg, iron, copper, animal or human teeth, and more. Some of the materials were believed to have been inserted post-mortem since it would have been excruciating, while others show signs of regeneration which proved its success. These procedures from ancient times may have been effective, but they are unsanitary, harmful, and can even be rejected by the host.
At Comfort Dental Care, we understand the needs of patients with missing teeth and the consequences if the condition is left untreated. We offer only the best solutions available for any of our patient’s dental needs. For patients with missing teeth, we provide Dental Implants which is one of the most sought-after treatment nowadays due to its advantages over other procedures. We have Endosteal implants, All-on-4 Implants, and Hiossen Implants depending on the patient’s condition, needs, and preferences.
Dental Implants are the screw-like dental device that is surgically and strategically placed by dentists on the patient’s jawbone to serve as the replacement for missing roots. Once the implants are in place, dental prostheses such as crowns, bridges, or dentures are placed depending on the number of missing teeth.
Proper Care Tips for Dental Implants
- Maintain proper dental hygiene by brushing twice, flossing at least once, and rinsing every day to keep the teeth, oral structures, and implants healthy for long-lasting results.
- It is best to use fluoridated products to keep the mouth healthy. Although dental implants are resistant to decay and cavities, the natural teeth, as well as the other oral structures, are not. Fluoride can form a barrier against harmful substances that can cause harm to the mouth.
- Consider the use of a soft-bristled toothbrush, interdental toothbrush, and floss to make sure that the area around the implant is properly cleaned.
- Avoid using the teeth as a tool to open plastic packets or bottles, also avoid chewing on hard objects such as pens, fingernails, and more since it can damage the implant, prostheses, or the natural teeth.
- Schedule regular dental checkups every six months as recommended for the dentist to keep track of the overall condition of the mouth. The dentist can suggest the necessary procedures to make sure that the patient’s oral health is in tip-top shape.
Dental implants may be artificial teeth replacements; they still deserve the same care with the healthy teeth. By ensuring an excellent oral health condition, the longevity, stability, and durability of dental implants will be secured.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Discovery Bay, CA, or to schedule your appointment with Comfort Dental Care.